We pride ourselves on using the best and most innovative technologies and materials in the construction of our work boots. On this page are the explanations of the technologies currently used in making shoes and boots.
- Carolina’s Exclusive Proprietary Waterproof Lining System
NEWEST outsole technology. Goodyear biopolymer soling compounds were created to adapt to low temperatures and enhance performance in wet and cold conditions. Goodyear (and winged foot design) is a trademark of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, Akron, Ohio. Used under license and manufactured by Polyconix Corp, Englewood, FL
D3O® Met Guard
- The D3O ® featured in Carolina boots are engineered for advanced foot protection against impacts, while remaining soft and flexible for all day comfort in extreme conditions. When integrated into a boot correctly, D3O® Metguards pass both EN and ASTM industry metatarsal protection standards.
Overtime Comfort Footbed
- Our premium dual-density foam footbed. A thick polyurethane foam undercarriage molded for support is combined with a memory foam top layer that contours to your anatomy. It’s a new comfort footbed that’s sure to keep you working around the clock.
- This ultra-strong outsole is designed to resist abrasion for longer wear.
Pillow Cushion™ 1 Footbed
- A layer of memory foam that wraps the foot in comfort. Combined with existing insole systems, it offers the ultimate in cushioned comfort.
Plantilla Pillow Cushion™ 2
- Footwear cushioning designed to provide maximum anatomical support and comfort with an internal polyurethane midsole that cradles a dual-density memory foam footbed.
- The Vibram® brand is recognized for its high performance soling products used in rugged, outdoor and service footwear. VIBRAM® and the Yellow Octagonal Label are registered trademarks of Vibram®S.p.A. of Italy. Quabaug Corporation, North Brookfield, MA, is the North American manufacturer of Vibram®soling products under exclusive license.
- Thinsulate™ uses microfibers that trap dead air but do not absorb water, helping to keep feet warm even in damp conditions. Thinsulate™ is a trademark of 3M.
Poron® Performance Insole
- Versatile, shock absorbing material that’s manufactured for the toughest daily wear.
- Supreme quality polyurethane comfort system with enhanced arch support.
- An update to our AG7 Footbed. Supreme quality dual density polyurethane comfort system with enhanced arch support.
- A high-abrasion boot tip provides superior protection and extends the life of the boot.
- Footwear that is approved for wear by the U.S. Military.
XRD® Extreme Impact Protection
- XRD® Extreme Impact Protection combines the latest materials science with ultimate design capabilities. Soft and flexible to the touch, yet tough on impact – XRD Technology is a lightweight, thin and breathable material that’s engineered for repeated impact and shock absorption. XRD is a licensed trademark of Rogers Corporation.
- New removable insert with dual-density cushioning.
- Carolina’s patent-pending Aerogrip tread is forged into a premium compound of slip-resistant, oil resistant rubber that scores world class ratings for friction and grip when tested under extreme conditions.
- An orthotic insole that helps place the foot in a more optimum position to assist with proper alignment, stability and support.
- Specially designed for those geographical regions and elevations that are varied. Kryptek Highlander™ increases stealth when pursuing a wide range of quarry in mixed terrain.
- A removable PU footbed insert covered in Memory Foam with an improved heel cup for added comfort.
- A removable EVA footbed insert covered in Memory Foam with an improved heel cup for added comfort.
- A removable comfort footbed.
- Cordura stands for durability. Cordura is 2 x more durable than standard nylon, 3 x more durable than polyester, and 10 x more durable than cotton duck. Perfect for performance footwear, this high-tenacity, 1200 denier nylon results in some of the most incredibly durable, yet lightweight boots anywhere.